Head of Claims
Red Tree Recruitment are working with our client a long established Commercial Insurer to recruit a Head of Claims – Ireland. This strategic role reporting into the Managing Director is a key hire for the company in that it will play a crucial role in the management and development of their business unit plans.
We are looking to speak to Senior Claims professionals who have a broad technical competency in Commercial claims along with strong business acumen and leadership qualities.
What are the main role accountabilities?
- Develop and lead deliver of Ireland claims strategy and proposition which supports Ireland risk appetite
- Deliver Ireland budgeted claims ratio
- Contribute to establishment and demonstration of expertise in our chosen niches through claims expertise
- Lead delivery of a market leading claims service including monitoring and developing the claims team to ensure high levels of customer service, technical expertise and optimum cost effectiveness for the Irish business
- Lead Ireland Claims audit to ensure compliance and quality of claims
- Proactive member of the local leadership team, making a significant contribution to the development and implementation of business strategy to deliver a sustainable, profitable return
- Manage the motivation, development and performance of Claims team
- Communicate and liaise with key internal and external business partners, effectively representing company interests, in order to optimise business performance and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that effective policies, procedures, standards and controls are in place to maximise the efficiency and performance of the claims function, and ensuring legislative compliance.
- Keep up to date with market and regulatory developments and build a strong, supportive network internally across Ireland, GI globally, Group functions and externally.
- Review and report claims trends including advice to the business on emerging issues likely to impact on underwriting, claims handling or reserving policy
What profile and technical skills are required for the role ?
- FCII / ACII qualification
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in senior claims leadership role in commercial insurance
- Excellent understanding of General Insurance market and the legal system in Ireland
- Track record of demonstrating strong commercial business acumen
- Credible, with a proven ability to build effective relationships and influence key stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Strategic thinker with ability to translate strategy into operational delivery
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Significant people management and leadership experience
- Preferable to have experience of dealing with reinsurance
How will I be rewarded ?
There is an excellent base on offer as well as an excellent total rewards package incl. bonus, pension, healthcare etc.
If you are interested in hearing more about the role in a confidential manner please contact Noreen O’Keeffe ACII Director and Head of Insurance Recruitment at Red Tree Recruitment on 016853480/0866096684 or email email@example.com