Our client a growing Insurer is looking to recruit a Junior Motor Underwriter.
Reporting to the Underwriting and Operations Lead, the Junior Underwriter is responsible for the day to day application of underwriting strategies, policies and procedures.
This role may suit someone with Motor underwriting experience or coming from a broking background who may be interested in developing their career in underwriting.
With ongoing training and career development this is an excellent opportunity to have rounded experience of the all the aspects of product development as well as risk underwriting.
Key responsibilities include:
Professional management of own underwriting caseload including:
- receiving, investigating and assessing underwriting referrals in accordance with defined underwriting strategy
- making timely and accurate decisions, acting at all times within your underwriting authority
- communicating decisions and risk appetite to brokers in a professional, knowledgeable and courteous manner
- completing tasks associated with the administration of the underwriting account
- supporting, implementing and adherence to internal technical, operational and compliance procedures and practices
- contributing to broker audits and peer review processes to support the maintenance of an effective control environment
- Identification and implementation of operational excellence to ensure maximum trading efficiency is always achieved
- contributing to the development and implementation of new and / or enhanced products and customer propositions from concept to launch.
Demonstrating personal commitment to, and supporting the Underwriting and Operations Lead in:
- developing a high-performance culture within a highly engaged team
- delivering a professional underwriting service
- developing a culture of continuous business improvement.
- Support the Underwriting and Operations Lead in the development and implementation of new and / or enhanced products and customer propositions from concept to launch.
- Support claims colleagues in sharing of technical underwriting knowledge.
- Support the Underwriting and Operations Lead in the development and delivery of Operational and Technical Management Information and analysis.
- Supporting the Underwriting and Operations Lead in the identification and implementation of operational excellence to ensure maximum trading efficiency is always achieved.
- Any other activities as may be required.
- Team Player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and methodical
- Curious and analytical
- Good risk perception skills
- Personal Lines experience
- Able to balance achieving results whilst delivering a great service
- Preferably CIP
- Excel knowledge is preferable