Legal Counsel, Exclusive Role (Global Asset Management Business, 5-10 years’ PQE, base to €160k, bonus @30% plus a comprehensive suite of benefits)
On behalf of our client a global asset management business, Red Tree Recruitment is currently seeking expressions of interest from funds lawyers who are interested in joining this global power- house.
The is a broad role where you will work with a global player on a premier international platform with excellent opportunities for career progression and development.
As legal counsel based in Dublin you will primarily be in charge of all legal matters relating to the activities of the company including corporate matters, agreements, registration of funds, distribution, Irish regulatory and legal questions, including but not limited to product related legal aspects of Irish based funds.
- Provide legal support for all aspects of our companies flagship UCITS fund range, including fund launches, mergers and maintenance and working closely with colleagues in Luxembourg.
- Negotiate, draft and review contracts and other legal documents such as UCITS fund and management company documentation, including prospectuses and business plans.
- Coordinate legal tasks in relation to the Irish entity.
- Provide practical legal advice and service to the Irish entity and broader organisation.
- Review and analyse the laws and regulations in Ireland to support the companies operations locally and where relevant in EMEA.
- Proactively advise business on actions required to comply with legal and regulatory obligations (including around Brexit) and contribute to decisions made by the business on appropriate course of action to minimize risk from financial or reputational loss.
- Build and maintain relationships with affiliates and key contacts within the business.
Profile / Experience
- Law degree.
- 5-10 years of experience as an Irish lawyer, experience in a law firm is an advantage.
- Deep knowledge of Irish (asset management/financial services) legal and regulatory environment is a must.
- Ability to work within a team environment and good communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to assist and work with people located in other jurisdictions.
- High levels of accountability, judgement and decision making.
- Intellectual curiosity about the asset management industry and best practice solutions.
- Excellent research, problem solving and influencing skills with the ability to recommend and “sell” sound pragmatic solutions.
Reward / Package
There is an extremely attractive package including a market leading base salary (up to circa €160k), superb bonus potential (@30%) and a comprehensive suite of benefits on offer to the successful candidate.