Red Tree Recruitment are working exclusively with our client a growing Motor Insurer to source an experienced Claims Professional for a role of Claims Team Manager .
Working closely with the Senior Management Team this is a critical role in the organisation and one that will be challenging and fulfilling to the successful candidate .
If you would relish the opportunity to have strategic and operational control of the claims function, then this role will be of interest .
Key areas of responsibility :
The Claims Team Manager is accountable for the day to day management of the claims function and working on the strategic development of the department.
- Providing strategic ,operational and technical leadership to the claims team – working alongside the Management team to develop a high performing culture, high team engagement and high personal commitment.
- Leading a culture of continuous improvement within the claims team – encouraging and leading constant review of procedures and practices to ensure they remain optimal for the business, compliance and the consumer.
- Leading the culture of compliance within the claims team – including maintaining documented oversight of governance and compliance (including but not limited to QA and appropriate KPIs).
- Providing expert advice , guidance and coaching to the claim team building skills knowledge , experience and succession .
- Professional vendor management – including tender process, contract negotiations , audit and use of KPI’s
- The formation of effective claims management practices and procedures.
- Ensuring the claims team comply with requirements of Claims Handling Agreements: developing / utilising KPIs for oversight.
- Leading the implementation of Fraud management strategies
- Monitoring productivity and individual queues in order to effectively distribute, prioritise and manage teamwork.
- Identify skill gaps and provide development to the claims team – building skills, knowledge, experience and succession.
- Management of the panel of appointed solicitors and investigators, including development of appropriate KPIs.
- Relationship management of Insurer partner counterparts as appropriate.
- Supporting Underwriting with technical / operational expertise when developing new and existing products.
- Performance management of direct reports.
- Management of personal caseload of complex cases.
- Any other activities as may be required from time to time.
Key attributes / experience:
- People leadership and performance management.
- Strong technical claims acumen
- Collaborator and good communicator.
- Result orientated.
- Change and project management.
- Curious self starter – with analytical mind
- Exceptionally organised.
- Able to define, monitor and interpret technical and operational KPIs.
- CIP/ACII qualified
There is an excellent salary on offer to the successful candidate .